1. Is the name you have now the same name that’s on your birth certificate? If not, what’s changed?
Yes, only the nicknames have changed.
2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
It would stay the same; I’ve grown to like it over the years. I am really partial to the names Margaret and Brighid, though.
3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)
Well, I was supposed to have a different name, but the story goes that my Grandfather wouldn’t let my parents have the birth certificate until they changed it. Someone suggested Charleen because it was a mixture of my parents names, Charles and Kathleen.
Strangely, years late we found out that my father had a sister named Charlene Ann, who died at a day old.
4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?
Well, I mentioned Margaret and Brighid, and in boys names, I like Sebastian and Alexander. No reason why, they just all have good connotations for me. Likely I ran across them in a book somewhere, years ago. That’s where I developed my penchant for the name Katie Scarlett….
5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com accurate? How or how isn’t it?
What a weird website….
” Your first name of Charleen has given you a quick-minded, sensitive nature. It gives you a creative ability in art, music, singing, or fancywork and an appreciation for refined surroundings. ” Fancywork?? “Your sociable nature expresses affection, kindness, and thoughtfulness to the extent that it is difficult for you not to be affected by others and governed by your emotions, rather than by logic and reason. As you respond to love and encouragement from others, your romantic and dreamy nature can easily lead you into love affairs. Your desire for peace at any price can result in going out of your way to avoid arguments and confrontation or hurting the feelings of others. Also, budgeting can be a problem as you enjoy spending money and can easily ignore being practical.”
I dunno, you decide.